Saturday 2 February 2013

music 2013

                                                       THE MUSIC I LOVE WINTER 2013....

I love music...nuff said. these folks have been around a while but i still love them currently right about now 


The lumineers, ok there’s only one song of theirs which I like, called hey ho I think...it’s not a song that I would typically like but its simplicity but deep sounding lyrics I think what held me. I really hope to discover more of their stuff this year, simple can be very beautiful and not many people appreciate that.


Lykke li

 Ok. When I heard follow you by lykke li I literally fell. In. Love. She is like my indie lady gaga, what is even more surprising is that when I discovered her other songs such as everybody but me, let it fall and Paris blue, I fell in love with those aswell. I don’t think chart shows and mainstream TV appreciate music like hers, it’s sad that so many actual talents get left in the dark for so long. I really relate to the lyrics of let it fall and everybody but me.

The weeknd


 I think I’ve given up on ‘mainstream’ hip-hop, I still listen to usher and J.T don’t get me wrong ;)...but I love this new stuff that the likes of the weeknd and frank ocean are doing. I just love them; I’m a bit of a rebelle myself, so I love people who go against the grain a bit. The thing is its still r’n’b! But I like that the lyrics resonate more meaning and that it shows a darker more melodramatic side of music.



The xx

I absolutely lurrvvvveee The xx, I think I’ve pretty much said that about everyone, ha-ha, but I think out of everyone The xx have left the strongest impression on me. I remember first seeing a picture of them on NME’s tumblr site and I found them interesting and thought it looked so dope that they wore all black. I was first expecting their music to lean more towards the punk, heavy metal indie side but everything with them is surprisingly soft! A few months later at a work experience I heard, chained I fell in love. I’ve recently discovered reconsider which unfortunately didn’t make it to their albumL. They literally get better and better.

Lana Del Rey
Its more than just music, I’ve got a secret crush on this woman. Her music is too beautiful for words and so is she! Everything is meaningful when it comes to Lana and everything is an art. When I think one of her songs is my favourite I discover another, I still love her earlier stuff like videogames and blue jeans but I’m also attached to her newer releases such as national anthem. And her unknown stuff stirs me aswell, most of her songs have some soft spot meaning to me...she never fails to leave an impression. 


Florence and the machine

Hey Florence! I’ve loved you ever since I was introduced you by my friend when I was only in year 11, 3 years later and I still do. Her newest album, spectrum is so deep, so dark, like Coldplay I feel almost spiritually cleansed when listening to her stuff. She is another beautiful artistic person like Lana, and she is such a performer aswell! He covers are amazing; one of my dreams is to see her play live at a music event or festival. 


Charli xcx

I found charli xcx on youtub randomly one day, after hearing her song nuclear seasons whilst shopping. She emulates everything I’m about, romantic lyrics, dark minor notes and a heavy sounding, highly electro sound. Valentine and stay away live are also my favourite; I hope she gets more recognition in the music industry despite her unique and creative style and sound. 

Bae ray

Well who doesn’t like rihanna eh...she’s hard not to love, even if it’s just one of her songs. I even made up a nickname for her...I’m mad I know. Bae ray...hopefully...maybe it will catch on! Anyway, id say out of all her notorious albums talk that talk has been my favourite, I love the femme fatale sexuality, the video we found love and the rock star rebel edge to talk that talk and red lipstick. Good girl gone bad is also another album I like, I think means the most to rhi rhi aswell! 



Ellie goulding


Ellie goulding so cute n quirky, her voice is so soft and at the same time so effortlessly unique. Starry eyed recorded and the live acoustic version are both awesome, lights...there is something so eerily beautiful about that song. I like her newer stuff too, hope she continues to get better and better, another one of my favourite blonde people who begin with the letter E...


No comments:

Post a Comment