Thursday 20 December 2012

ALL THE THINGS WHICH CAN INSPIRE US



ALL THE THINGS WHICH CAN INSPIRE US- Marlyin Monroe and Jean Harlow


Call it inspiration or influence but some similarities can be almost scary, when Marilyn Monroe decided that Jean Harlow was going to be her super-star inspiration she made no mistake of interpreting the film nior blonde bombshell into her own life.  A true ‘diva’ will strongly incorporate her early influences into her style and life. Well obvious similarities are concourse the platinum, almost white blonde hair, dreamy eye makeup and deep red full budded mouth. But then obviously Marilyn felt an almost spiritual connection to the lifestyle of this woman. 

In fact many make the comparison that Harlow and Monroe and had many similar traits in their lives, after she had become a star; Marilyn despite playing ditzy, girly blondes was a very deep, artistic and intelligent lady who liked to paint and read in her spare time. Marilyn was aware of the sinisterly close similarities between her and Jean’s tragic lives. They were both brought up in strict logically, Christian backgrounds, were both married at the mere age of sixteen and spent their lives searching for their father’s, the most traumatic and sad parallel however was ovcourse was they both died at a young age. In 1957 Marilyn said to Milton Greene:   "I kept thinking of her, rolling over the facts of her life in my mind. It was kind of spooky, and sometimes I thought, am I making this happen? But I don't think so. We just seemed to have the same spirit or something, I don't know. I kept wondering if I would die young like her, too."  Self fulfilling prophecy scary right?

Gable once said about Harlow that, "She didn't want to be famous, she wanted to be happy,” a quote that can be equally applied to Marilyn’s whole life in the spotlight and film.

Watching some clips of Harlow’s earlier film roles you can truly see that she was a highly flirtatious sex symbol, she embodies many things that Marylyn Monroe was about, glamour, beauty, sex and tease surrounded by a glow of fluffy, white blonde hair.

Like Marylyn, Harlow had a sense of charisma and entrancing beauty about her, she embodied the personality she was well and was a fearless actress. Her sexuality and female allure were flawless; she like Marylyn was a ‘sex symbol’ ahead of her time. Both women express everything that it is to be female whilst on screen, beautiful, emotionally wreck less at times, tragic and sexy.




 
 
 
 
I decided to look at some iconic hero’s of mine and see how and if they influence my style and my life, it took some thought but I managed to think of some women who I could say have affected the character that I am becoming and growing into. It’s harder as I’m not someone who will be in the public eye or on screen so I don’t have to create a persona for myself but I still thought it would be interesting to see who my ‘icons’ were and make some comparisons :




Amy winehouse, it’s hard to put into words how much this woman inspired me with her music, she was unique, raw and absolutely beautiful.





    
 Lykke li: the spirit and the songs
She is a gentle but realistic character, I love her style and music sound, I also can relate to a lot of things she sings about in her songs
   Emeli sande: the look, Emeli sande has a really pleasant and calm character which I admire, I also love her edgy hair and the fact she has created her own ‘look’.
  
Etta James: the style and the presence- she has a lot of presence and personality and she is so soulful, also I love how dramatic and creative her style was.
 
 
 
 
 
 






hope, you find out who and what has made you into the person you are today, it isnt all biological uno


 

No comments:

Post a Comment